Last Updated on March 21, 2022 by Visa Journal
Domestic employees include cleaners, chauffeurs, nannies, cooks, and others who wish to provide personal care services to the employer in UK can apply for Overseas Domestic worker visa in UK.
Employers can bring their international, domestic workers to the United Kingdom for a duration of up to six months under the domestic worker and private household visa.
It’s not that everyone with a domestic worker visa may come to the UK, but the applicant must be eligible and a “long-term member of the employer’s staff.
For this, some experience is required, and you should have worked in a house in the past, as it would be difficult to change employers while in the UK, and more difficult to change the job type.
Let’s look at How to Get a UK Domestic Worker Visa in a Private Household in more detail.
Eligibility Criteria for Overseas Domestic Workers Visa for UK
The following restrictions apply to domestic worker visas:
- No access to public funding.
- No intention of studying and only working as a domestic worker in a private household is permitted.
- Entry clearance necessitates
- The submission of a visa application.
- Cannot request entry as a domestic worker at a UK airport or port.
- The charge for a visa is £516.
Domestic Workers in a Private Household Visa is a type of visa that allows domestic workers to work in a private household.
These are the documents needed:
- A valid passport or other travel documents.
- Proof of funds
- Test results for tuberculosis (if from a country that must do the test).
- Itinerary, lodging information and travel dates are all included.
- The letter from your employer confirming your previous work experience as a domestic worker in a private household (for at least 1 year).
- The terms and conditions of the signed and stamped work contract.
Apply for Visa Outside the UK:
- This visa must be applied online.
- As part of your application, you’ll need to have your fingerprints.
- Photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken at a visa application centre.
- Find out how to receive a speedier visa decision, depending on the nation you’re in.
- Check to see if your visa application centre provides expedited processing and additional options.
People from outside the UK who aim to stay for a maximum of 6 months in the UK can bring their domestic employees with them. To accompany their employer in the UK, the worker must apply for a Domestic Workers in a Private Household Visa.
Is it possible to extend my visa?
If your previous visa was issued for less than 6 months, the only option to extend the visa is that if it was issued for fewer than 6 months. Before your existing visa expires, you must request an extension and continue to meet the requirements of your original visa.
The application price for a Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa extension is £1,033.
Visa Terms and Conditions
The employment terms and conditions in the United Kingdom must have been agreed to in writing by both the candidate and their employer. These must state that the applicant will be paid in compliance with the National Minimum Wage Act of 1998 and any subsequent regulations. Appendix 7 of the Immigration Rules specifies the format in which evidence must be submitted.
English Proficiency Requirement
- If you wish to live in the United Kingdom, you must demonstrate that you can meet the English language requirement.
- You can demonstrate your English proficiency by passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking, and listening, or by having an academic qualification taught in English and recognized by Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) as equivalent to a UK bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree.