Last Updated on March 21, 2022 by Visa Journal
If you work in an overseas branch of a company from UK, and are looking for an opportunity to undertake a special or specific project in the UK based location of your company, you can surely do that with the help of a Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa (ICT).
ICT is Intra Company Transfer, and this category highly focuses on the employers’ ability to demonstrate that the salary is accurate for the role and that no other UK resident can fill the position.
The initial application for this type of UK Tier 2 visa undergoes two types of assessment by UKVI. First is the Short-term and second one is long-term. To meet the basic requirement of a Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer Visa employer has to meet certain income levels.
How to Apply?
To apply for Tier 2 Intra-company Visa you must complete the following requirements to be fully eligible for this visa, including sponsorship from your employer.
Essential requirements to be eligible for a Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa are:
- A specific salary threshold which is in line with the job position
- Sponsorship certificate from the employer
- Some personal savings to support yourself i.e. your expenses in the UK.
- Complete travel history from the last 5 years.
- You must have experience working for your employer outside the UK for least 12 months
- Tuberculosis test results depending on the country of residence of the applicant.
All your documents must be in their original state. Photocopies are appreciated.
A certified translation must be provided for any document which is in a language other than English or Welsh. The originals, as well as the translation, must be provided to the Headquarters in UK.
There must be at least £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply for the Tier 2 ICT Visa. That’s a support fund that you’ll use on yourself while your stay in the UK. If your sponsorship is fully approved then there is no need to prove this. A fully approved A-rated sponsor supports you with a total of £945 to cover your costs for a month from your date of arrival in UK.
Long-term staff, and Graduate Trainee are the two types of Intra-company Transfer Visas:
Long-term staff Tier 2 ICT
- Long-term staff Tier 2 ICT is for those who are transferred to a UK branch of an organization.
- 12 months working experience in the company is required for eligibility.
- If a company is paying an annual salary of £73,900 or above then there is no need to fulfill the requirement of 12 months experience.
Graduate Trainee Tier 2 ICT
As mentioned by the Government of the UK
Graduate Trainee Tier 2 ICT is for those who are transferring onto graduate trainee programs to take up specialist roles.
- Fresh graduates with at least 3 months of experience with overseas employment.
In order to prove that you have worked outside the UK for an Outside Employer, you can provide the following information.
- Your payslip printouts.
- Signed letter from your sponsor with online pay slips.
- Bank Statements
On Tier 2 ICT Visa is it possible to bring your family to the UK as dependents.
- You can bring your spouse.
- Child under 18 years old.
- Child over 18 living in the UK as a dependent.
- Dependent should have at least £630 before applying.
Visa application processing time?
In most cases visa processing is done in three (3) weeks time. If you like, you can request an expedited decision on your application. It costs an extra amount of £ 500 for the priority service, and £ 800 if you want result in a single day.
On a Tier 2 ICT Visa you can:
- As long as it doesn’t conflict with your employment, you can study.
- Travel abroad
- You can do voluntary work
- Bring family members with you
- You can do the same job in the same profession at the same skill level for 20 hours per week.
You must also meet the following qualifying requirements to apply for an extension of Tier 2 ICT:
- Same job as the one you have previously done or a similar one.
- Original certificate of sponsorship.
- Residing in the UK.
- Must earn a salary that meets the income level for your job position.
You may be able to switch from the Tier 2 ICT Transfer Visa to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa or the Tier 1 Innovator Visa.