Last Updated on March 29, 2022 by Visa Journal
Are you interested in visiting Japan as a tourist while having the ability to fund your trip by working as well? If that is the case then you may consider applying for Working holiday visa to Japan. It is a special scheme by Japanese Government where they grant short terms visas to youth from eligible countries.
To know more about this visa stream keep reading this article.
List of eligible nationalities for working holiday visa to Japan
Citizens of following countries can apply for the Japanese working holiday visa
- New Zealand
- Republic of Korea
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- Czech Republic
Eligibility factors for working holiday visa to Japan
- Must be between 18 – 30 years of ag at the time of application
- Must not be accompanying their spouse or children while traveling to japan on the working holiday visa
- Hold a valid passport for the above listed countries
- Show proof of having enough funds to cover return airfare
- Show proof of having enough funds to cover cost of stay in japan during the first few months after arriving
- Be in good health condition
- No previous grant of working holiday visa to japan
Application process for the working holiday visa to Japan
There are slight differences in the actual application process for each of the above listed countries so it is advisable that you check the updated process from the Japanese embassy/consulate in your city/country of residence. At this time due to covid the processing of this visa has been put on pause, but it is expected to resume in near future.
The application has to be made at your local Japanese consulate or embassy. In most instances it is a paper application.
Necessary documents that you must keep in hand while applying are as follows;-
- Your Resume
- Valid passport
- A brief description of all the intended activities
- A passport-sized photograph (recent)
- Reason to apply for the working holiday visa in written form (only A4 paper is permitted)
- Bank statement of the last three months as proof of the applicant’s financial status. You must possess in hand £1500 or £2500 to confirm your ability to purchase the tickets for the both-side journey.
Some additional documents may be required depending on the country.
The working holiday visa to Japan is an extraordinary chance for the nationals of various countries to explore and experience Japan. They can work and learn about the work culture and lifestyle of the place. Therefore, if you are in the mood to spend a long vacation in a different country, this is the correct way. Pack your bags to ensure a brilliant time ahead.
Related Articles: UK Working Holiday Visa, New Zealand Working Holiday Visa, Australia Working Holiday Visa, Working Holiday Visa for Canadians