Last Updated on March 29, 2022 by Visa Journal
The Japanese Student Visa is a long-haul visa acknowledged by instructive establishments in Japan, like colleges, schools, and professional organizations.
Every individual who needs to study in Japan needs to get a Japan Student Visa. The Japanese government has a visa exclusion strategy for residents of a few nations. Notwithstanding, the exception is just for momentary purposes. Assuming you are visa-absolved yet mean to enter Japan for an intention that is longer than 90 days, you need to apply for a visa according to the reason for your movement.
Japan Student Visa Requirements
At the point when you apply for a Japanese Student Visa, you want a few reports that help your application. The reports you want for a Japan Student Visa application include:
- Visa Application Form
- Substantial identification documents
- Identification size pictures with dimensions of 4cm x 3cm with white background
- The Certificate of Eligibility
- Letter of Admission into the college/university, showing the length and subtleties of the course
- Past scholarly or potentially proficient capabilities, as relevant (confirmation, records, and so on)
- Evidence you can meet the monetary necessities for the span of your visit to Japan. The monetary prerequisites for a Japanese Student Visa are around 2 Million Yen for one year. You can show that you meet the essential financial necessities through:
o Bank or pay proclamations
o Proof of a Scholarship
o Proof you get Financial Aid
o Letter of Sponsorship, assuming somebody is supporting you, alongside your support’s evidence of pay and bank proclamations
o Letter of Invitation and Letter of Guarantee given by your college/university
o A Motivational or Cover Letter, composed by you expressing the justification for your study
How to Apply for a Japan Student Visa?
The application interaction for applying for a Student Visa for Japan is isolated into two sections:
- Acquiring the Certificate of Eligibility
- Presenting the Japan Student Visa application
Acquiring the Certificate of Eligibility in Japan
Each outsider who enters Japan for non-brief reasons needs to get a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the Immigration Services in Japan. Nonetheless, since you need to get this before you enter Japan, your school is accountable for dealing with the COE application on your behalf.
The reason for the Japan Certificate of Eligibility is to help the visa application process. It serves to show you have the endorsement of the Japanese Immigration Services and that you meet the passage prerequisites set by the Japanese government for global understudies.
Notwithstanding, the Certificate of Eligibility for Japan isn’t equivalent to a visa; it is just an essential; you need to apply for a Japan Student Visa from your nation of origin.
The Japanese Certificate of Eligibility application cycle takes between 1 to 90 days.
Applying for the Japan Student Visa Requirements
After you get the Certificate of Eligibility, your school needs to send it to you so you can utilize it to apply for a Student Visa from a Japanese Consulate or Embassy in your country. You need to:
- Contact a Japanese Embassy or Consulate close to you. Track down a rundown of the Japanese Embassies, Consulates, and Permanent Missions here. A few Embassies/Consulates don’t acknowledge direct visa applications, in which case you want to apply through a licensed travel service or visa application organization.
- Collect the necessary records for a Japan Student Visa.
- Submit the Japan Student Visa application either straightforwardly at the Embassy/Consulate or through visa application office. If the Consulate or Embassy thinks of it as fundamental, you may likewise need to return for a meeting or to present extra records.
- Collect the visa.
Japan Student Visa durability?
Japan Student Visas are given for the accompanying lengths:
- A half-year
- One year
- One year and 90 days
- Two years
- Two years and 90 days
Your Landing Permission letter expresses the length that you are permitted to remain in Japan. Nonetheless, no matter the span of your given visa, you can apply for augmentation of your visit before your present visa terminates.
Extending Japan Student Visa
You can apply for a Japan Extension of Stay as long as 90 days before your visa is set to terminate at the nearby Immigration Office. You want the accompanying documents when you apply:
- Application Form for Japan Visa Extension
- Your visa
- Visa size pictures with the dimensions: 4cm x 3cm
- Your Residence Card
- A duplicate of your Registration Certificate given by your institution
- A duplicate of your Results Certificate given by your instructive foundation
- Verification you can meet the monetary necessities connected with your visit
The application for Visa Extension is given within two weeks to a month.
How Much is the Japan Student Visa Fee?
The charges for Japan Visas are as per the following:
- Single-section visa: 3,000 Yen
- Twofold section or different passage visa: 6,000 Yen
- Travel Visa: 700 Yen
The charge for the visa can change contingent upon the country and the motivation behind your visit.
Related Articles: US Student Visa, UK Student Visa